Saturday, December 1, 2018

RK Gold






Here is my interview with RK Gold!



Tell me about yourself:

Not sure what there is to say. I’m in my last semester of grad school, finishing my masters in economics and I write books in my free time. I also started a consulting firm with my family called Follow the Hummingbird consulting.

What first inspired you to start writing?

I loved to write, and I realized I needed to at least give it a try. It’s one of those things you can find a little time for throughout the day, it’s not like shooting a movie, or painting, you can do it in bed under the blankets at 3 in the morning if you want to.

Are you a cat or dog lover?

I love all animals, but I have a dog.

Are your characters based off real people or did they all come entirely from your imagination?


They all come from my imagination, but I’m sure the people I interact with have some weight on my characters’ personalities.

What book that you have read has most influenced your life?

I’m not sure. My favorite book of all time is A Confederacy of Dunces, but Harry Potter was the series that taught me reading is fun.

Tell us a little about your plans for the future. Where do you see yourself as a writer in five years?

Hopefully I’m able to sustain some kind of success and have some semblance of a fanbase. I doubt I’ll ever be at the level of Stephen King but it would be cool to be.

Of all the characters you have created, which is your favorite and why?

I don’t know if I have a favorite. Probably Milly from Brinwood. She’s a murderous lunatic but also incredibly manipulative. She knows the world sees her as just a little girl and uses it to her advantage.

Any website or resources that have been helpful to you as a writer?

YouTube has a lot of amazing videos on the writing process, tropes, publishing, marketing etc. Start there.

What do you love most about the writing process?

The first and the final drafts. Everything in between is SOOO exhausting

If you could spend time a character from your book whom would it be? And what would you do during that day?

The Neighbor from Beds Are For Flowers and we would just chill in his garden all day.

What are some tips you can give other aspiring writers?

Find a schedule that works for you, read more than you write and don’t write to exhaustion every day, or else you won’t have the energy to keep it up. Set a disciplined goal and stick with it.

What is your favorite book you've read?

A Confederacy of Dunces.

Who is your favorite literary character?

The Marquis de Carabas

What inspired you to keep writing it?
I love it. It’s not work for me it’s what I do to feel happy. I could never sell another copy of a book and I’d still write—it would obviously suck because some of the joy I get from writing is the response to my stories but it wouldn’t stop me. 

Can you leave us with an excerpt from one of your projects/novels?

Better to live in the shadows brought on by the light than to live in the dark
Beds Are For Flowers

What are you working on now?


A post apocalypse serial, released monthly
a new fantasy series
edits for an adult urban fantasy

Is there anything else you would like to share with us before you go?


I think we’ve covered it all







R.K. Gold graduated from the University of Maryland in 2014 with a B.A. in English and is now pursuing a M.S. in Economics from the University at Buffalo.

He is a non-genre specific author who enjoys reading and writing whimsical tales about nature and the power of imagination.


Amazon author page: https://www.amazon.com/R.K.Gold/e/B016057NQC/ref=dp_byline_cont_ebooks_1

my site www.authorrkgold.com


social media:
twitter.com/rkgold91
instagram.com/rkgold91
youtube.com/c/RKGold
facebook.com/authorrkgold

No comments:

Post a Comment