Saturday, August 18, 2018

Mercy Jane Ballesteros



Today's author talks is with Mercy from the Phillippines!

Tell me about yourself:

My name is Mercy. I am from Sagay City, Philippines. I am a 4th- year College Student at La Consolacion College Bacolod. I’d describe myself as a person of integrity, determination with versatile skill-set. I am always ready to face challenges. I believe in vision and action. I learn from my mistakes. I am willing to input my efforts to become a successful international writer.

What first inspired you to start writing?

I have been writing from the moment I learned to hold a pen. From then on, it became the love of my life.

Are your characters based off real people or did they all come entirely from your imagination?

Imagination. Truth be told, I’ve never had any experience. I am just in love with love. Despite not experiencing what I write, imagination makes me have emotions that I had not felt in life.

What book that you have read has most influenced your life?

Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill. I love writing at the same time, business. This is a quote from the book “The greatest achievement was, at first, and for a time a dream”. Whenever I felt helpless, when my life starts to crumble. I then bear in mind those words. I am a dreamer and will always be.

Tell us a little about your plans for the future. Where do you see yourself as a writer in five years?

I will pursue my writing career and strive my utmost effort to reach my dream. By God’s grace shining on me, that is to become a successful international author.

Of all the characters you have created, which is your favourite and why?

The main protagonist in A Taste of Revenge “Maria Mercedes Sofia Castrillón”. She resembles everything about me. I wrote her in my own likeness.

Any website or resources that have been helpful to you as a writer?

I’d say Writer’s Digest. It truly helped me a lot. I read every article to have better understanding on how to become a successful writer.

What do you love most about the writing process?

I can write things I am powerless to execute. As ideas comes naturally, I then have the eagerness to properly convey it through words.

If you could spend time a character from your book whom would it be? And what would you do during that day?

Maria Mercedes Sofia Castrillón. I wanted to meet the other side of me. I’ve always wanted to be a CEO at 19. Unfortunately, I wouldn’t be able to since my path has changed. So, if given the chance I wanted to see what I would look like if I had a different fate. I would like to tell her to be brave, to not care of what others has to say about her and remember to have Faith in God for Faith can move Mountains.

What are some tips you can give other aspiring writers?

Keep on writing. Write whatever idea comes to your mind. If becoming a writer your ultimate dream, then chase it as if your life depends on it. Remember to never give up, never give in and never let go. Don’t lose hope for success begins with a fellow’s will. No matter how many rejections you receive, keep moving forward. Believe in yourself and love what you do and do what you love.

Tell me about your books: Love in Between and Taste of Revenge

Love in Between is a compilation of classic and contemporary poems. The short stories reveal a lot about human relationships, the concept of love, and how humans behave in it.
A Taste of Revenge narrates an enthralling story of a business woman and how she avenged what she has lost.

Where did you get the idea for your books?

Some are from my imagination especially the poems while most of the short stories are about my experiences since I got sick at thirteen and through writing I can pour out my emotions best.

What inspired you to keep writing it?

I kept on writing because I wanted to inspire the readers by stories that would captivate their hearts. With every word perceived, the reader and I, somehow, we have and through those pages, met.

Can you leave us with an excerpt from one of your novels/projects?

I could hear the sound of bells ringing one by one, songs being sung. I didn’t know why it was all happening so suddenly. Or was I merely in a dream? Then I realized, no, what was in front of me was the reality. I was sitting at the back of a place where a performance was being held. It took an hour to finish. There were around two hundred people in that place. I could see happiness on their faces. I could see my father holding my mother. She had tears wetting her face. It almost ruined her composure. Then he kissed her cheeks. A photographer clicked a picture of them. For a moment there, I felt envious of her. I don’t know why I feel so heavy as the scene revolves around me in black and white. Maybe it’s because I was alone. Yes, I was alone. Loneliness doesn’t kill. I’ve endured it for so long.

My sister, she looked amazingly beautiful, a delicate flower blooming in the spring. I admire her strength, beauty, wisdom, and intelligence. Sometimes, I wondered why I can’t be like her. Simple yet elegant, she was beautiful in her own unique way.

I stayed outside the hotel while others preferred to go elsewhere together and have some fun. I was waiting for something new to happen. The cold breeze stirred my thoughts. I still hadn’t figured out what had happened. I saw him with the one who betrayed me. She held his arms tightly with that same look of a snake revealing her true colours before me. He didn’t push her away, and right at that moment, I regretted my decision. She was nothing but a traitor, and now she had most of the things that I didn’t. She had him, the one I loved.

What are you working on now?

I am currently writing another novel and an autobiography. It might be released Fall of 2019.

Is there anything else you would like to share with us before you go?

My warmest gratitude for reading the interview and for this wonderful opportunity.  Please don’t forget to visit my website www.mjaneballesteros.com. You may contact me through any of my social media accounts.

Mercy Jane Porquez Ballesteros was born in Bacolod City, Philippines on February 10,1997. She graduated from Sagay National High School Open High School Program in her hometown Sagay City. Presently, she is pursuing Business Administration Marketing Management at La Consolacion College Bacolod.

In 2013, Mercy at sixteen started writing her book “Poems of Love & Short Stories” which was a compilation of eleven poems and four short stories that was published last 2016. The first few lines of “A Taste of Revenge” her newly published novel, was written in her sophomore year back in High School. She currently released “Love in Between” another collection of poems and short stories.
In February 2015, she became a stock market trader and foreign exchange trader the following year. Mercy have a business plan prepared for “SLIQUE” her future company.

Author Links:

Website: https://www.mjaneballesteros.com
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/mjane207/
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/mercy-jane-b-a281939a
Instagram: @mjane207
Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/15647773.Mercy_Jane_Porquez_Ballesteros
AMZN: https://www.amazon.com/Mercy-Jane-Porquez-Ballesteros/e/B01LYBAKV5

No comments:

Post a Comment